- Vodafone Idea today announced the Vi Games service, in partnership with Rakesh Jhunjhunwala-backed Nazara Technologies.
- The Vi Games service will include over 1,200 games across free and premium tiers.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the new Vi Games service.
Vodafone Idea on Monday launched its gaming service that is available in partnership with mobile gaming company Nazara Technologies. The service is claiming to offer more than 1,200 Android and HTML5 based mobile games across 10 genres directly through the Vi app. Gaming titles on Vi Games are available to both prepaid and postpaid subscribers. While some games are available under a subscription model, Vodafone Idea is also offering over 250 free games on the platform for all its customers.
Gaming is one of the biggest segments amongst the entertainment category, estimated to cross 500 million users within 2022 in India, as per a FICCI-EY report.
Avneesh Khosla, Chief Marketing Officer, Vodafone Idea, said “We are seeing a significant uptake of gaming consumption in India with more than 95% of gaming enthusiasts using the mobile device to enjoy a wide variety of content. Deeper penetration of smartphones and 4G availability has led to meteoric growth and adoption of gaming content making it a popular choice for fun and entertainment.”
The new Games app can access through the Vi default application, which gets installed with your SIM card. Users will be able to access over 1200 Android and HTML5 based mobile games across 10 popular genres – action, adventure, arcade, casual, fun, puzzle, racing, sports, education, and strategy.
Vodafone Idea has divided Vi Games into three categories – Gold, Platinum, and Free.
- Gold Games to include the largest library of games across the three categories, with the Gold Pass priced at ₹50 for postpaid users, and ₹56 for prepaid users, with 30-day validity.
- Platinum Games, accessible on a pay-per-download basis, with the Platinum Pass priced at ₹25 for postpaid and ₹26 for prepaid users.
- Free Games to include over 250 games, available for free for all Vodafone Idea subscribers.
“Gaming is not only the future of entertainment in India but already a key mode of entertainment for hundreds of millions of Indians playing games on their mobile phones every day. Nazara is delighted to work with Vi to bring our entire portfolio of gaming content, esports, and interactive entertainment to their larger user base,” said Nitish Mittersain, Founder & Group MD, Nazara Technologies.
Thanks for Reading!!
Sony rolls out PS5 Game captures feature on the PlayStation app