Liposuction is a medical procedure which helps a person to remove extra fat from the body. It is mainly used to remove excessive fat tissues which are not been possible to remove with the help of exercise and diet. This procedure is executed on buttocks, thighs, belly and even chin or face. Some other methods of doing liposuction are through plastic surgeries like tummy tucks, face lifts, or breast reductions.
Orlando liposuction has a team of specialists having years of experience that perform all the procedures with extreme precision. The three main procedures carried out here are Brazilian Butt Lift, liposuction, and fat transfer to breasts. These are among one the most famous cosmetic surgeries. They provide the best and reliable services and add aesthetic appeal to your body. For more information, visit www.orlandoliposuction.com
What happens after liposuction is done?
Before the surgery fluid is put into the affected area to ensure the safe execution of surgery. The fluid will drain from the body in the initial 24 to 72 hours. This is quite normal after the surgery, so you don’t have to worry.
A compression garment needs to be worn to reduce the swelling. The garment has to be worn every time except when showering. After checking your progress, doctor will tell you when you can stop using it.
After the surgery movement is necessary to prevent the formation of blood clots in the body. Walk every one or two hours. This will maintain the movement of fluids in your body and prevent too much swelling.
The affected should be cleansed gently without applying any kind of force. You are not even allowed to use scrub or loofah. Just use a clean towel to dry the area. Avoid the use of still water for up to two weeks after the surgery.
What advances are made over the weeks?
- After 1 or 2 weeks of liposuction, you can feel some pain and discomfort. You need to wear the compression garment. You may even return to your job but are not allowed to do strenuous activities.
- You can start noticing the results of the surgery within 2-5 weeks after surgery. The pain has usually settled by this time. Some areas may reflect swelling and other signs of bruising. You can start performing some moderate exercises by this time and the incisions should be healed. However, do not try to get involved in rigorous exercises until your doctor permits you to do so.
- The bruises and swelling have been completely recovered after 6 weeks of the surgery and you can see how much the procedure has helped you. By this time, you are allowed to indulge yourself in strenuous exercise and activities. You no longer need to wear compression garments.
Tips to recover after liposuction
. Appropriation of diet
A healthy and balanced diet after liposuction is a great tip to recover quickly. If you follow a healthy diet, it is more likely that there will be less or even no swelling. You may also experience low levels of bruising. You should include antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients in your diet. These will aid you in regaining your body strength and power.
The main precautions that you should take are:
- It is advised to reduce the amount of salt intake because it causes retention of water in the body. This will worsen the swelling than before. Avoid eating foods that contain high levels of sodium.
- Reduce the amount of sugar intake too because it can weaken your immune system. Eating sugar enhances your blood glucose levels and also creates a mineral imbalance in your body.
- Increase the intake of products that will help in healing your wound quickly like proteins. It is responsible for muscle and skin re-growth. Your food items should contain a good amount of protein in them.
- Eat fruits like strawberry, zucchini, celery, watermelon, and grapefruit.
- Eat food multiple times in small amounts. This will prevent you from bloating.
- Lastly, eat healthy for a quick recovery.
. Movement is necessary
You need to rest compulsorily after 24 hours of the treatment. After a day has passed, you can walk slowly for some time. It will help in fastening the healing process of your body. It will help in blood circulation and not allow the blood clots to form.
However, you are not allowed to do any kind of strenuous exercise. This can affect your health seriously. You cannot do any kind of activity which requires your maximum physical effort. Just prefer doing gentle to mild exercises.
. Low-calorie beverages
It is very important to stay properly hydrated while recovering from liposuction. You should intake 8 to 10 glasses of water in a day. After liposuction, this should be increased to daily 12 glasses of water.
Stay hydrated and drinks diluted fruit juice, skim milk or tea. Do not take Gatorade because it has high levels of sodium which in turn will slow down the process of your recovery.
. Lymphatic massage
The special lymphatic drainage massage helps your body to remove toxins accumulated in the lymph nodes. This will reduce your pain and will quicken the process of healing. It will help you to relax and release discomfort. It boosts your immune system and should be done once a week to increase the rate of recovery.
Preventive measures like massage will also eliminate the risk of infection to a great extent. Get yourself a specialist or massage trainer who excels at doing this instead of trying to do it yourself. Professional massage therapist knows the right techniques to help your body recover quickly from the surgery.
. Quality clothing
You must not wear those clothes that irritate your skin. This will decrease the rate of the healing process. Make sure that you wear clothes that make you and your skin feel comfortable.
It is recommended be wear a loose-fitting clothing. The tight-fitting clothes will not work well for your skin and you may get frustrated easily. Just wear clothes that will cause no trouble while you are amidst the recovery phase.
Keep all the above-mentioned pointers in mind after having undergone liposuction to achieve a faster recovery. After 6 weeks you can see your new slim look in the mirror and have a new confidence.